Senior Project Manager for Engineering & Operations
案件担当者からのコメント (Comment about this job, tips)
Senior level project manager accountable for the delivery of a portfolio of projects or the most complex and challenging IT projects. The Senior Project Manager typically directly or indirectly manages, mentors, and directs multiple project managers and/or associate project managers.
- Leads a portfolio of projects and/or very large, complex projects or programs, typically involving multiple vendors, multiple technologies, leading edge technologies, significant business risk, and/or broad implications for the IT architecture.
- Develops, maintains, analyzes, and reports metrics and KPIs to better understand the managed portfolio.
- Works with key stakeholders to address issues and risks.
- Avoids risk by analyzing data, anticipating, identifying, and mitigating risk factors across scope, cost, schedule, and resources.
- Works with partner teams in the proposal phase to ensure initiatives are defined at the appropriate level of detail to be accepted by IT for project initiation activities.
- Accountable for achieving the ongoing success criteria for all projects within their representative portfolio.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Communicates job expectations, plans, monitors, appraises, and reviews job contributions, and enforces policies and procedures. Influences and holds team members accountable for assigned tasks. Provides governance and oversight to ensure projects are following project management processes and software development methodologies.
- Performs audits of projects within their area of focus to ensure quality and compliance.
- Provides input to continuously improve and enhance the project and SDLC methodologies.
- Responsible for process improvement opportunities within the project and SDLC methodologies.
- Trains resources in the approved methodologies.
- Assures project compliance to approved methodologies.
- Provides assurance and governance oversight to ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Anticipates and manages change in QVC’s quickly moving business environment.
- Develops budgets, negotiates contracts, and manages external vendors.
- Monitors project progress throughout its duration, and communicates project status to senior leadership and team members through reports and presentations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Managing multiple projects for many business partners requiring large, complex, interdependent systems with significant implications for the business and/or the IT architecture through Project Managers. Analyzing and selecting between diverse and complex options.
- Developing broad buy-in on new solutions or tools to address solutions for persistent issues.
- Managing capacity vs. demand for project management resource pool.
- Overcoming resistance to change; evaluating and developing unique solutions or evaluating and selecting from variety of options.
- Assessing and implementing work/life balance measures during critical project milestone periods.
- Addressing competing priorities within the project portfolio.
- Conveys portfolio status to key stakeholders and senior leadership verbally and in writing.
- Champions methodologies and communicates these methodologies to the broader IT community.
- Clarifies, sets and manages business partner expectations effectively and proactively. Can target messages to different audiences effectively.
- Demonstrates high ethics and values. Inspires loyalty, trust and respect among colleagues.
- Gains support, input & feedback directly from stakeholders and sponsors through conversations or formal meetings.
- Reads and manages group dynamics accurately and synthesizes opinions into usable options and solutions.
- Leads the development of effective networks of internal and external business partners, suppliers, the technical community, and consultants.
- Provides regular balanced and constructive feedback to direct reports, peers, and business partners.
- Typically manages a team over a project portfolio involving multiple vendors, diverse functional areas, multiple technologies, leading edge technologies, and broad implications for the technology architecture.
- Manages the portfolio though Project Manager direct reports.
- Works independently. Provides recommendations for investment in new products and business solutions. Otherwise responsible for evaluating options and making decisions and recommendations on all facets of the project being managed.
- Develops and implements the program organization structure necessary to successfully deliver the projects required by the business.
- Negotiates terms, scope, and cost and commits to deliverables with vendors, project / program team, and business partners to drive project delivery decision making.
- Is seen as having authoritative expertise in the organization on a wide variety of related project / program / portfolio management methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Analyzes new developments in project management methods, tools and technologies from external sources and proposes their adoption, as appropriate.
- Has experience working with, applying and effectively communicating technical and architectural considerations/requirements within the context of the project.
- Identifies project implications based on understanding of systems, processes and business areas impacted.
- Integrates successfully across multiple and complex technologies and systems, with high impact and risk to the business.
- Possesses an understanding of IT architectural landscapes.
- Possesses expertise in portfolio dependency planning and developing integrated master schedules that map intra portfolio dependencies.
- Develops expert knowledge of the QVC business process model.
- Leverages broad expertise in the business process model to effectively manage assigned portfolio.
- Possesses broad knowledge of QVC, including key work processes, strategies, and success factors of the various areas and functions.
- Maintains awareness of the activities and strategies of competitors and the industry overall and provides feedback to senior leadership on strategic portfolio decision factors.
- Ensures that projects align with QVC’s overall IT technical refresh strategies.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of multiple areas of QVC and the resources necessary to deliver projects / programs.
Education: BA/BS degree or equivalent. PMP certification desired.
Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience in the technology field, including 5+ years relevant project management experience
|勤務時間||10:00 - 18:00|